Technical Project Manager
Position: Technical Project Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Office Location: Beverly Hills, CA
For over 17 years at Stauffer, we have provided open-source solutions for clients across varying industries, sizes, and types, ranging from full-service marketing agencies and nonprofit organizations to colleges/universities and startups.
Through partnering accomplished designers, developers, and architects, we draw from one another's diverse experiences, unique perspectives, and passion for innovation, in order to create cutting-edge solutions that WOW! Together, we build sophisticated and powerful digital products that blend beauty, usability, accessibility, and purpose, to deliver quality and unique web and mobile applications that meet and typically exceed client expectations.
Additionally, Stauffer is committed to contributing to the open source communities from which we draw our tools, such as Drupal, wherein which we have been active for over a decade. We believe in mentorship and contribution, and encourage our team members to be part of this larger international network.
The Technical Project Manager must work with all internal and external stakeholders to provide technical project management, research/recommendations and communicate needs as related to product development projects and systems. Critical to this position is the ability to communicate as high or low on the technical scale as the audience requires - clearly describing technical aspects in a non-technical way. This position will report to the CEO and Director of Operations.
Ongoing learning, thought leadership and innovation are expected as part of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. You will be facilitating the creation of technology practices for existing and emerging businesses, passionately pursue evolving solutions and help create novel products that establish the Stauffer as a key industry leader in the digital agency space.
- Assessment and definition of scope, needed resources, and the coordination/resource management of both internal and external personnel
- Planning, monitoring, reporting & administering the execution of multiple projects using the Agile Method
- Manage and develop master project schedules
- Understand priorities, quality goals, delivery within budget and time constraints
- Collaborate with client, internal and external engineers, and operation teams on product/project roadmaps and needs
- Ability to use both creativity and business sense to deliver needed solutions
- Generate and maintain technical scope and system documentation
- Schedule & oversee design and/or code reviews
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Management Information Systems or related degree
- Three(3) or more years Project Management experience
- Two(2) to Five(5) years of experience in Information Technology
- Proven, successful IT project management skills, including experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and directly managing engineers
- Possesses strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Review internal team progress and identify opportunities for process and team improvement
- Ability to interact, direct & influence cross-functional teams that span the client organization
- Provide accurate and timely updates to management
- Analyze workflow bottlenecks and assist management in streamlining processes by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and decisive
- Excellent communication, organization and relationship management skills
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading workshops
- Insists on quality deliverables
- Has the ability to execute under accelerated timeframes and to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects at a time.
- Scrum Master Certification and/or PMP Certification desired, but not required
- Is committed to lifelong learning, with the desire to constantly investigate new trends and bring the best ones back to the team as a whole
- Familiar with (but does not need to be expert in) Google Analytics, accessibility auditing tools such as SiteImprove or equivalent, InVision (or similar), and SketchApp (or similar)
- Familiar with the general concepts of component-based design and development
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Company Contributed Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Matched 401k
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Provided Apple MacBook Pro
- Company Provided Snacks & Refreshments
- Team Bonding Exercises, Events & Outings
- Casual Company Culture
- Paid Parking
- Must be able to work onsite Monday-Friday at our office located in Beverly Hills, CA
- Must be willing and able to travel locally to client sites (though rare, this does include out of town travel)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer