Position: Senior Developer
Position Type: Full Time
Office Location: Los Angeles, CA
STAUFFER is one of Los Angeles' leading full-service agencies. Founded in 2001, STAUFFER has provided open-source solutions for clients across varying industries, sizes, and types, ranging from Full-Service Marketing Agencies and Nonprofit Organizations to Colleges/Universities and Startups.
We've done this through partnering accomplished developers with aspiring engineers, drawing from one another's diverse experiences, unique perspectives, and passion for innovation, in order to create cutting-edge solutions that astound. Together, we build sophisticated and powerful websites that incorporate eye-catching design, with an emphasis on user experience, to deliver remarkable and unique web and mobile applications, on time and on budget.
As Senior Developer, you will work alongside the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Operations to present technical recommendations and strategy to prominent clientele as a Drupal Consultant. This position requires that you be able to quickly analyze a client's challenges, formulate solutions, and implement appropriate technologies to achieve effective results.
- Working knowledge and experience with Drupal.
- An understanding of the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion.
- Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms with accepted standards within the Drupal community.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads, other internal team members, as well as outside stakeholders (we strive to maintain a positive, productive, and collaborative environment, and our Drupal Developers are active in sharing knowledge across the organization and with clientele).
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Degree in Computer Science (or similar) from an accredited college/university.
- Five(5) or more years of software engineering experience is a necessity.
- At least Two(2) years of experience focusing primarily on Drupal CMS architecture and development.
- An advanced understanding of Drupal 7 & 8 module development and developing custom themes within Drupal.
- Expertise in custom development of PHP and MySQL.
- Knowledge of Git and deployment techniques.
- Experience with Web server set up and database tuning.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to determine requirements and demonstrate new features, as they become available.
- Great communication and writing skills, and the ability to articulate and clearly explain things.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: Nice to have, but not required.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes (we primarily work with that methodology in mind, so it is beneficial to understand how it works).
- The ability to run your own projects and work without direct supervision, to make use of internal project management tools, estimating, planning, and scheduling work units while keeping others in the loop.
- Experience developing applications from IA/UX technical documentation (we like wireframes, sitemaps, feature lists, data transformation tables, and anything else that provides transparency to our process).
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- The People!
- Competitive Salaries
- Company Contributed to Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Matched 401k
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks (this includes coffee.. lots of coffee!)
- Company Provided Apple MacBook Pro
- Company Funded Bonding Exercises & Events
- Casual Company Culture & Dress Policy
- Professional Development Training/Certification Reimbursement
- Paid Parking
- Must be able to work onsite Monday-Friday at our office located in Los Angeles, CA
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer
Stauffer’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please, no recruiters and/or offshore resourcing firms.