Senior Developer / Consultant
As a key member of our development team you'll work closely with our New Business and Project Management teams and will be the primary technology lead for exciting web based projects. Partnering with our VP of Technology, you'll be our expert consultant/developer presenting our tech recommendations and strategy to prominent clientele.
You will need to have the ability to quickly analyze customer's challenges, formulate solutions, and implement appropriate technologies to achieve effective results. Communication is key and we'd like you to have the ability to seamlessly juggle between complex business topics while following our core business models. This includes creatively applying technologies to meet the clientele's expectations. We work across multiple industries and for a variety of clients such as SpaceX, Pivot TV, American Airlines, LACMA, FOX, HBO, and many others. You'll have the opportunity to advance your skills while working on web and mobile platforms.
An understanding of the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion. Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms with accepted standards within the Development community.
Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads, other internal team members, as well as outside stakeholders. We strive to maintain a positive, productive, and collaborative environment. Our Developers are active in sharing knowledge across the organization and with our clients. Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
Who We Are Looking For
As a developer we realize that you bring a broad range of skills with you. These are the skills we would like you to possess:
- An Advanced understanding of Drupal 6 & 7 module development and developing custom themes within Drupal including exploring ideas for how to use the platforms and explaining what various capabilities each module includes.
- Determine requirements and demonstrate new features as they become available, receiving feedback from the client and incorporating it in your work, when requested.
- Expert Knowledge at custom development of PHP and MySQL technologies on Linux, including: using Git, version control systems, and deployment techniques.
- Web server and database tuning
- Apache experience preferred
- Communication and writing skills. Articulate and clearly explain things.
- A Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years of software engineering is a must for this position.
Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes. We primarily work with that methodology in mind, so it'll only benefit you to understand how it works.
- The ability to run your own projects and work without direct supervision, to make use of internal project management tools, estimating, planning, and scheduling work units while keeping others in the loop.
- Experience developing applications from IA/UX technical documentation. We like wireframes, site maps, feature lists, data transformation tables, and anything else that provides transparency to our process.
- Experience dissecting and optimizing application image assets in programs such as Photoshop.