Entry Level Developer
Position: Entry Level Developer
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Type: Full Time
For over 17 years, we have provided open-source solutions for clients across varying industries, sizes, and types, ranging from Full-Service Marketing Agencies and Nonprofit Organizations to Colleges/Universities and Startups.
Through partnering accomplished developers with aspiring engineers, we draw from one another's diverse experiences, unique perspective, and passion for innovation, in order to create cutting-edge solutions that WOW! Together, we build sophisticated and powerful websites that incorporate eye-catching design, with an emphasis on user experience and deliver remarkable and unique web and mobile applications, on time and on budget. Additionally, we are active in the Drupal community and upon receiving mentorship and training, you will be too.
We are seeking a candidate looking to build a career. As an entry level Developer, you will play a key role in our development team and will work closely with our Senior Developers and Project Managers. The right candidate for this position is organized and highly detail-oriented and maintains an unequivocal personal code of ethics, integrity, and trust. This position requires that you take instruction well, be proactive, and able to hit the ground running. Additionally, you must be able to quickly analyze a customer’s challenges, formulate solutions, and implement the appropriate technologies to achieve effective results.
Communication is key here, therefore we are seeking a candidate who can seamlessly manage multiple complex business topics while maintaining Stauffer's core business model. This includes the ability to apply creative technologies in order to meet the unique needs and expectations of our clients.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Determine requirements and demonstrate new features as they become available.
- Effectively receive feedback from a client and incorporate it into your work, as requested.
- Development of Drupal 7 & 8 modules and custom themes within Drupal.
- Embracing an Agile style of working and Scrum processes.
- Utilizing internal project management tools to estimate, plan, and scheduling work units, while keeping your team in the up-to-date.
- Developing applications from IA/UX technical documentation, such as wireframes, site maps, feature lists, data transformation tables, and anything else that provides transparency to our process.
- Dissecting and optimizing application image assets using programs such as Photoshop.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems (Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems, etc.), or related field.
- Understanding of version control including using Git.
- Experience with Linux and Apache is ideal.
- Great attitude and hunger for learning.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to determine what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline.
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a 'get things done' attitude.
- Must be willing to work in our headquarter office located in Beverly Hills, CA.
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Benefits include medical and dental insurance, a company-matched 401k, and Paid Time Off.
- Perks include company-funded Apple laptops, snacks and refreshments, parking, and team bonding exercises and activities.
- We believe that a casual company culture is a key to job satisfaction, and therefore maintain a casual dress code and work environment.
Stauffer’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please, no recruiters and/or offshore resourcing firms.